Public Notice

Until further notice, the clerk’s office is not accepting in-person payments.

Court costs and attorney’s fees can be mailed in or dropped in the clerk’s drop box at the main court house on McKinney Street.

Form of Payment: Money order, cashier’s check, attorney business check.

Mailing Address: 210 South Woodrow Lane, Denton, TX 76205

MONDAY MARCH 23, 2020: If you have a hearing set March 23 at 1:30 p.m. in Juvenile Court (County Court at Law Number One), do NOT come to court on March 23. Your hearing has been reset to April 29, 2020, at 1:30 p.m.

At this time, detention hearings will continue as scheduled.

For all other cancellations/re-settings, please contact the Respondent’s attorney to get the new court date.


  • If the juvenile is NOT in detention and you were Summonsed to appear in juvenile court, please note this important change to the Judge’s letter that accompanied the Summons.
    If you are seeking a court appointed attorney for the juvenile, do NOT come to court within 5 days of the juvenile being served. Instead, you may make your request for court appointed attorney at the time and date of the Appearance Hearing referenced in the Summons.


County Court at Law 1

(Sitting as a Juvenile Court)

The Honorable Kimberly McCary
County Court at Law 1Kimberly McCary

Charlie J. Cole Bldg
210 South Woodrow Lane
Denton, TX 76205-6304
(940) 349-2520
(972) 434-8842

Court Administrator
(940) 349-2526
(972) 434-8842

Court Clerk
(940) 349-2525
(972) 434-8814

Do not attempt to contact a judge - by mail, e-mail, phone, or in person - about any pending or potential lawsuit!
Doing so may result in serious consequences.


Must my child be represented by an attorney?

When a Petition and/or Motion to Modify has been filed against your child, the law generally requires that the child be represented by an attorney. Thus, you must employ an attorney for the child. That attorney must be present at the time and date of the Appearance Hearing referenced in the Summons which was served upon you and your child along with the Petition and/or Motion.

Why can’t I look up my child’s case on-line or see a copy of the court’s docket?

Juvenile cases are confidential and on-line access and access to the entire docket would violate that confidentiality.

View All FAQs