REVISED COURT PROCEDURES
Beginning Tuesday June 30, 2020
Beginning Tuesday June 30, 2020, County Criminal Court #3 will resume a modified court docket. In person hearings will be kept to a bare minimum. Social Distancing procedures will be in place and the number of people allowed in the court will be limited. All those waiting to enter the courtroom are required to social distance in the hallway until asked to enter the courtroom. Masks will be required for all in-person court proceedings.
Defendants without attorneys: You will need to appear in court on your scheduled court date and choose how you wish to move forward with your case. Failure to appear may result in a warrant issued for your arrest and forfeiture of your bond.
The Court has reset the July 20 and July 27, 2020, court dates. Please view the website to see when your next court date is scheduled. Court dates can be viewed at:
Defendants with attorneys: Please consult with your attorney to see if your appearance in court will be necessary.
Attorneys: To limit the number of people in the courtroom, attorneys MUST reset ALL cases via efile and must schedule a plea with court administrator.
- To Reset a Case: Attorneys MUST reset ALL cases via efile. All resets must be efiled and accepted with the Clerk’s Office no later than 12:30 p.m. the last business day before their setting. The Court will NOT accept resets via email unless the Court specifically grants the attorney permission.
Failure to efile a reset may result in the Court issuing a warrant for your client’s arrest and a forfeiture of their bond.
Blank case reset forms and reset dates may be found on our website under the forms tab at: https://dentoncounty.gov/Departments/County-Courts/County-Criminal-Court3/Forms
- To Plea a Case: If you have reached a plea agreement with the State and want to dispose of the case, please contact Luke Polich at 940-349-2180 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a plea hearing. All pleas will be scheduled in 15 minute increments during the following times:
- Monday: 1:30 PM- 4:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM, 1:30 PM-4:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM- 11:00 AM, 1:30 PM- 4:00 PM (alternating weeks)
Please let the administrator know your desired time and the Court will try to accommodate based on availability.
Pleas hearings will be done in person with the attorney and defendant. If the attorney request to appear remotely, please contact Luke Polich and the court will make accommodations.
- Access to the State’s Prosecutors: Prosecutors are located in the jury room to sign plea paperwork only.Only one attorney at a time is allowed into the jury room.Attorneys seeking discovery or conducting plea negotiations need to contact the prosecutors remotely via telephone or e-mail.
- Plea paperwork is on the Court’s website at: https://dentoncounty.gov/Departments/County-Courts/County-Criminal-Court3/Forms
- To set a Case for Trial: Please contact Luke Polich at 940-349-2180 or email@example.com for a Jury Trial Reset form. Defendant, defense counsel and ADA will need to sign this reset. Defense Counsel can sign for Defendant if Counsel has consulted with the Defendant.
- Motion Hearings: If you file a motion that will require a hearing, please contact Luke Polich at 940-349-2180 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a Zoom hearing.
If you are filing a motion for early release from supervision, motion to remove interlock, or any other motion that the Court can decide on the face of the motion without a hearing, please include attachments supporting your motion. Such attachments could include but are not limited to sworn affidavits from your client stating reasons for requested relief, supervision officer’s position (i.e. an e-mail from them), and the opposing parties position.
Court dates are posted and can be viewed on the Denton County website at: http://justice1.dentoncounty.com/PublicAccess/Search.aspx?ID=100
***IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING SYMTOMS OF COVID-19 DO NOT COME TO COURT! PLEASE EMAIL THE COURT ADMINISTRATOR AT email@example.com FOR RESCHEDULE OF COURT DATE***