Hot Checks Section
Don't Get Burned!
Checks we don't accept:
The District Attorney's Hot Check Division will usually not accept the following types of checks for prosecution:
- Post-Dated Checks
- Stop-Payment Checks For Service
- Two Party Checks
- Checks Under $2500.00 That Are More Than One Year Old
- Checks Given In Return For A Check
- Checks In Which You Cannot Provide The Name Of A Witness (Example: Clerk Who Accepted The Check)
- Checks Not Presented To The Bank Within 30 Days
- Stop Payment For Service
- On Which No 10 Day Letter Has Been Sent
- (Unless Enrolled In The "Fast Filing" or "E-Filing" Program - Contact us to enroll!