Hot Checks Section
Information For Check Writers:
How do I take care of my hot checks at the District Attorney Hot Check Department?
- Pay the check(s) in full
- Enroll on the Payment Plan, if eligible
- Call (940) 349-2700 or (972) 434-8827 to find out how much you owe and if you qualify for the payment plan
Do I have to pay a fine when I pay my hot checks?
- No! A fine is accessed when a criminal case is filed
Do I have to pay any fees when I pay my hot checks?
- Yes! A District Attorney Hot Check Fee is accessed and a Merchant Fee of $30.00 is added to each check
What should I do if a Hot Check Criminal Case has been filed against me?
- You may surrender at 127 North Woodrow Lane, Pre-Trial facility and get out of jail free on Class A & Class B Hot Check Warrants
- A Felony Case will require a Bond Company, Attorney, or Cash Bond.
Does paying the checks in full take care of the case filed against me?
- No! Paying the checks or enrolling on the Payment Plan is only one step in taking care of your case.
- You will need an attorney to assist you with any Felony Hot Check Cases