Leading our communities to a healthier future.
The following guidelines will govern the use of a formal Notice of Violation:
- Receipt of a written complaint specifying the property and a potential violation.
- A Denton County Public Health - Environmental Health Division representative will make an on-site inspection within 30 days.
- The inspector will determine whether an OSSF violation exists.
- A verbal summary of the findings and recommendations regarding the law will be provided if a resident is present.
- The inspector will determine the actual property owner.
- The Notice of Violation will be sent to the property owner via certified mail.
- A follow-up inspection will be conducted in accordance with the date on the Notice.
- If compliance with State and County statutes has not been achieved, a referral to the appropriate Justice of the Peace Court will be made in accordance with the Notice of Violation.
1505 E. McKinney St., Suite 173
Denton, TX 76209
(940) 349-2920 | FAX (940) 349-2588