What is ImmTrac?
ImmTrac is a secure and confidential immunization registry available to all Texans. ImmTrac remembers which vaccines you've had, when you can't. This free service provided by the State of Texas safely stores all immunization records in one electronic system. Texas law requires written consent for ImmTrac participation and limits access only to providers that have been authorized by law.
Please visit the ImmTrac website for detailed information on participating in ImmTrac as a parent, individual, or healthcare provider. We can also help you sign up at either DCPH clinic!
How does ImmTrac help?
Medical providers authorized to use ImmTrac can see what immunizations your child has already had, even if they were given in another city or county in Texas. So when your child comes in for shots, your child gets only those that he or she needs.
- This means that your child won't be under-vaccinated and more susceptible to diseases.
- Your child won't be over-vaccinated either, so he or she does not have to go through any more discomfort than is necessary.
- ImmTrac can also print out a shot record you can use to get your child into school or childcare.
- Using ImmTrac, immunization providers can remind you to bring your child in for shots that are due, or to notify you about shots that are overdue.
How can I sign up?
We can also sign you or your children up at both DCPH clinics; simply complete the appropriate forms and bring it and your complete shot record to either of our clinics.
ImmTrac for Adults
Those who have turned 18 years old, and were already in ImmTrac as minors, must sign the adult consent form above by their 26th birthday to keep their immunization information safe in ImmTrac. Immunization records are important, and are required for:
- Enrolling in college
- Participating in some job training programs
- Joining the military
- Working in health care
Keeping your record in ImmTrac will allow you to obtain a copy of your immunization record at any time. Avoid the hassle and expense of being re-vaccinated when you need records for school, work, or military service! Turn in the adult form above and your complete shot record to either one of our clinics so that we may ensure your record is kept safe.
For Healthcare Providers