The Research Room is a non-circulating collection providing the history of early Denton County people and places. The Denton County Historical Commission maintains a continuing record of all cemeteries and burials in Denton County, a great resource for genealogists. Other resources include: volumes on local history, Texas history, and guides to antiques and collectibles. These resources are available for on-site research only.
The Research Room is located on the first floor of the Courthouse-on-the-Square. Wi-Fi is available.
Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Saturday, 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Appointments are recommended, but not required. Hours are subject to change during holidays.
Guidelines and Services:
The Denton County Office of History & Culture Research Room is open to researchers using materials subject to the terms outlined below. The Research Room is not available for independent study, group study, or meetings. Access to the Research Room is on a first-come, first-served basis. The Office of History & Culture reserves the right to refuse access to research material.
- Appointments are encouraged for those who will require prolonged assistance or who intend to consult large quantities of materials. Advance notice is required to use materials in our Special Collections. For an appointment call (940) 349-2850
- All researchers must fill out a Research Room Registration Form in the Museum Office and register prior to entering the Research Room.
- Researchers are responsible for all materials issued to them.
- Copy fee: $.10 letter sized, $.25 legal sized
- No materials will be pulled during the last half hour of closing the Research Room. All items must be returned to staff thirty minutes before closing.