Code of Criminal Procedure Article 45.54
Suspension of Sentence and Deferral of Final Disposition
Required for consideration of Deferred Disposition in Justice Court, Pct. 5:
- A defendant is allowed to be on Deferred Disposition once a year in this court.
- The defendant must enter a plea of no contest or guilty and make a request to the court for Deferred Disposition in person or by mail on or before the plea due date on the ticket.
- If the request for Deferred Disposition is made by mail, it must be post marked on or before the plea due date of the ticket.
- Contact the Court for the deferred fee amount as it may vary according to the offense.
For Moving Violations:
- The defendant must meet the same requirements as those for taking a Driving Safety Course.
- The defendant must have a valid Texas driver’s license or license from state of residency. A copy of the driver’s license is to be submitted at the time of the request.
- The defendant must provide proof of financial responsibility and be listed as a driver on the policy or insurance card. A copy of the insurance card or policy is to be submitted at the time of the request.
CDL HOLDERS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE